0:00 / 3:22
A the end of 30 consecutive days of writing, I have a vision in my mind’s eye.
I can imagine a beautiful little home. It’s all vibe in there…..Color all over….airy and bright and warm and dreamy. There’s an upright piano. One of the bedrooms is my studio. I've upgraded some of my gear…..There are a lot of amazing people coming in and out of the door and we are creating amazing stuff together. Can you dig it????? I can dig it!
Here are a few other things I learned thru this exercise:
- Don’t Underestimate yourself!!! Truly any one of us, at any time, can put a little spark of energy out and it will inevitably have an effect on those around us. YOU can be a catalyst for movement and change.
- I love music production just as much as (if not a little more than) writing. The sweet spot for me is a combination of both. I’m very inspired to get my production and engineering chops up to a more pro level.
- I must learn the piano! Keyboard basics. No way around it.
- My creative mind is as reliably active as I always knew it to be. There is a certain level of repetitiveness….Similar ideas cycling thru….But there is always *something* going on in there!
- A good co-write is worth gold. 2 or more compatible and/or complimentary creative minds can make incredible stuff…..Way greater than the sum of the parts!
- Writing all the time can be very exhilarating…Also very lonely and isolating.
- Anything I'm not that good at, I can resolve to get better at.
- If I want to be among the greats, I’m going to have to continue with this level of focus and work ethic…..Possibly indefinitely.